Chettinad Egg Curry
Chettinad egg curry is a south Indian cuisine and delicious curry dish. This curry mostly making in Chettinad region of Tamilnadu that is how this curry got named Chettinad egg curry. This is a very nice combination with plain rice, jeera rise, chappathi, idiappam and pathiri. It is quite different from the normal curry. Very simple to prepare.
- Egg – 4 nos.
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 nos.
- Tomato – 2 nos.
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbspn.
- Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tspn.
- Coriander powder – 1 tspn.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tspn.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tspn.
- Black pepper – 1/2 tspn.
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tspn.
- Garam masal powder – 1/2 tspn.
- Curry leaves
- Boil eggs, keep aside
- Cook 2 tomato, peel the skin off when its cold
- Make a puree from the peeled tomato in a blender without water
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add 1/4 tspn cumin seeds, black pepper and grated coconut, stir-fry till color change
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder, fry it until raw smell goes on
- Grind this coconut masala to a fine paste
- Heat coconut oil in saucepan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add onion and stir well until it become soft
- Add salt to taste
- Add ginger garlic paste to this and stir well until raw smell goes on
- Add a pinch turmeric powder and mix well
- Add tomato puree to this mix and stir well
- Add coconut fine paste and add enough water, add salt to taste and allow it to boil
- Add garam masala powder, curry leave and mix it
- Heat oil in a frypan, fry boiled eggs until it become light brown colored
- Add this fried eggs to our curry and boil it
Now our Chettinad Egg Curry is ready for serve