Bottle gourd kheer/payasam is a easy recipe method to make kheer from bottle gourd. Bottle gourd is a cooling veggie to have in summer season. We can make so many recipe from bottle gourd.
This recipe is very simple and easy to make and even a beginner can make it so simply. The bottle gourd should be tender and should not taste bitter. we can have use coconut milk instead of normal milk but it should be thick coconut milk. When you add the coconut milk, simmer on a low flame for a minute or two. Do not over heat too much as it is curdle.
This Bottle gourd kheer made with bottle gourd, pistachio, milke and sago seed. We can have include cashew nut instead of pistachio. To get pistachio green color we can add green food color.
I hope you will try this bottle gourd kheer recipe and let me know how it tasty.
- Grated Bottle gourd – 1/2 cup
- Sago seed – 1/4 cup
- Pistachio – 2 tbspn
- Milk – 1 liter
- Ghee – 1 tspn
- Sugar – 4 tbspn
- Condensed milk – 2 tbspn
- Cashew nut – 6 nos
- Raisins – 10 nos
- cardamom powder – 1/4 tspn
Method of Preparation:
- Soak sago seed for half an hour.
- Soak pistachio in water, peel off the skin and grind it with some milk to a fine paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add grated bottle gourd and saute it for a few seconds.
- Add sago seed and cook it well.
- Add sugar, condensed milk and stir well.
- Add pistachio paste to this and stir well.
- Add cardamom powder and mix it well.
- switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashew nut and raisins and add it to our bottle gourd kheer.
- Now our Bottle gourd kheer/churakka payasam is ready for serve.
Tips: We can have include cashew nut instead of pistachio. To get pistachio green color we can add green food color.